Friday, June 5, 2015

Berlin to Köszeg (via Dresden, Prague and Vienna)

I stayed in Berlin for five days and explored the surroundings of Teltow together with my brother-in-law and my nephew.
Berlin is a good town for bicycles and we were not the only bicyclists...



Finally I continued south towards Dresden. When I asked two guys on electric bikes which way was the best one they offered me to show me nice bicycle paths and even a famous trail for German cars.


They tried to convince me that Audi made good and fast cars.
Then I continued to Pulsnitz near Dresden,

where Thomas and Katrin (who I had meet on the ferry) were waiting for me. They invited me for a nice barbecue, a warm shower and a wonderful bed to sleep in. During the evening


and even next morning when we ate german breakfast, we found out that we have a lot of things and thoughts in common.

Thomas offered me to show mw the best bicycle paths to "Bastei", a famous place in the "Switzerland of Saxony"


He told me that he was a rock climber and that he had conquered several peaks in the surrounding.


The landscape was amazing!




And from some points there was a breathtaking view on the river Elbe



When we said good bye to Thomas he said next time I should come for climbing. Actually I believe we will meet again some time...

Then I found a nice road down to the river Elbe, which I followed south until the evening.


I found a beautiful place at the riverside where I slept in my tent.


Next day I made a short cut through the last bent of the river and arrived in Prague already in the middle of the day.


After some sightseeing

I met my friend Mohammad who had come to Prague on his bicycle from south


and who had a friend called who also invited me to stay at his place for the night.


In the afternoon he showed us interesting buildings


and nice places


Finally we ate dinner together so the light should become good for some night pictures.


Mohammad had a professional camera and made wonderful pictures.


But I am quite happy with my pictures from my compact camera as well.







Next day I left Prague at noon and continued South-East towards Vienna.


Even that night I found a wonderful sleeping place.


Next day at noon I arrived at my mothers house in Vienna, where I spent four days with my family and my friends



Finally I went with one of my sisters to Köszeg, a small town at the Austrian-Hungarian border because I never had seen her house.
Her husband likes model railways!

Tomorrow I will continue east, towards Romania.



No comments:

Post a Comment